What you need to know …
HOW ARE BURN DAYS DETERMINED?
1. Call BURN LINE (209) 223-6246 before igniting.
2. For piles larger than 4’x4′, you must have a large pile burn PERMIT from the
Amador Air District.
3. No PROHIBITED materials may be burned (e.g., trash, waste materials,
etc … ).
4. DRY fresh cut vegetation a minimum of 3 days.
5. BURN HOT, oxygenated fires to reduce smoke.
Cover piles from rain.
Smoke must not create a nuisance.
Don’t leave fire unattended.
No smoldering fires.
Burn Line (209) 223-6246
Office (209) 257-0112
Amador Air District Website:
The California Air Resources Board (CARB) determines burn days
not the Amador Air District.
CARB uses meteorological data to determine burn day status.